Monday, November 11, 2013

My Fantastic Festival of the Masters Visit

Posted by Unknown at 7:55 AM
All of Downtown Disney was part of the Festival of the Masters.
I was able to make a spontaneous trip to Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort for the Festival of the Masters art show. I met my Sister, Bro-in-law and their kids for a beautiful Sunday excursion.

While I was waiting for my family to arrive, I stopped by one of the interactive Lego exhibits. Each guest built a tile of small legos matching colors of legos to the color swatches on the tile. The individual tiles were incorporated to create a famous Disney animated scene.

My numbered tile 910.
My completed tile. What will the image be?

The proud artist.
Dumbo! And I helped...
A stop motion of the entire project will be available online soon. I will update with a link when it is live.

Another interactive booth was Disney's Infinity. Guests could play the new video game with coaching from the game developers. You earned a tee shirt for participating. Surprisingly the cue line was not long. Another Disney interactive booth featured the new app Disney Animated. My niece and nephews told me I really needed to buy it. Both of these booths would have benefitted from draping the interiors with black fabric. Glare was a huge issue at the Disney Animated booth. They had the iPads out at the edge of the tent and they were extremely hard to see. I would have brought them further into the tent.

My family arrived. It took them some time to find a parking space with the changes to the lots because of the Disney Springs construction.

There were large concept art posters along the construction walls of Disney Springs. I took a picture of one and figured all the other Disney super fans would cover the rest. And now the family...

My "shy" sister and her family.
This year's art show was spread through the entire Downtown Disney area. And we had wonderful weather for walking! Near World of Disney I came across this chalk art drawing of an eagle done by high school students. One of my favorites from the student entries.


 One of the windows from World of Disney.

Lego had another fun interactive exhibit. Following a pictogram, you assembled a brick of legos in a particular color scheme. The Lego bricks were then incorporated by a Lego Master Builder into a Tie Fighter model from Star Wars! 


The now dark Mannequins dance club at the former Pleasure Island.
Heading to the other end of Downtown Disney took us through and around the Disney Springs construction site. This new view was surprising to see.


One of the nice things about the festival was how many of the vendors participated.  Planet Hollywood had a craft table set up. One of my nephews assumed this was Hollywood. He wanted to know if we would see Brad Pitt.

The incredibly kind Planet Hollywood ladies and their very popular glitter paint.
Festival sponsor Michael's did an amazing job with their hands on craft area!

We decorated picture frames and visors. All complimentary.

John and Olaf sing!
I sing a duet with Olaf about his new Disney movie Frozen. He's such a cool guy when he's not losing his head.

We break for a much needed stop for lunch at Splitsville. I was impressed with this place. Going to have to come back for an adults only evening of fun. Bowling and pool!






Back to the festival...


More chalk art, this time by professional chalk artists.




Random food truck.
Artist Lucy Clark
One of the exhibitors, Lucy Clark of Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, was sculpting a new vase. She was incredibly kind and answered a dozen or more questions from some very inquisitive children. You can find Lucy on Facebook here or at her website Lucy Clark Pottery.

And the big finish my favorite picture from the day...

Photo by John Carmean 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment


 

Copyright © 2009 Disney-bargains | Design by [blogger merak dua]